Putting your healthcare in your hands!
You might know Bestmed as a card that your parent gave you to keep in your pocket and present to your doctor or pharmacist in case you get sick or hurt. But your medical aid cover with Bestmed is far more than that!
Did you know that as a Bestmed beneficiary you have access to?
- Your annual flu vaccine
- Female contraceptives to the value of R2 315 per beneficiary per year
- Back and neck preventative programme in lieu of surgery
- Pap smear – ages 18 and above, every 24 months
- HPV vaccinations
- Free mental health helpline – this helpline is there to help you cope with the impact of the pandemic, dealing with anxiety and/or depression, coping with online learning, loss of a loved one, adjusting to living away from your parents, to help you take control of your newfound independence or to simply deal with the everyday stresses of life.
But wait, there is more! Did you know that when your main member complete their annual health assessment they unlock the following Bestmed Tempo wellness programme benefits for you?
- free annual health assessment
- 3 personalised consultations with a Bestmed Tempo partner biokineticist – to help you nail those exercises, get more fit and stay active
- 3 personalised consultations with a Bestmed Tempo partner dietitian – to help you lose, gain or maintain your weight and help you eat better in general without cutting out the foods you love completely
- Bestmed Tempo group classes: A range of group classes throughout the year to help encourage and support a healthier lifestyle whether you want to start doing palates, quit smoking, or sleep better
Bestmed is running a campaign to capture and update all our beneficiaries’ contact information so we can put your healthcare and wellness in your own hands! It will allow Bestmed beneficiaries that are 18 years and older have access to their benefit information, to communicate directly with the Scheme and have the information that they need to fully understand their benefits.
We will provide you with all the information you need to take charge of your health through informative mailers, videos, engaging blog articles, and social media posts. This exercise will also allow Bestmed to communicate to the correct patient in the family; especially where hospital admission and pre-authorisation are concerned.
Please note that Bestmed will continue to share official Scheme communication with the main member, and that this campaign does not change the dependant’s current standing as a child dependant. This is simply an exercise to empower our youth beneficiaries to take charge of their health and live their Best lives.
Update your contact information
This information will be used to verify that you are a Bestmed member. You can find this information on your Bestmed membership card.