Whether members are exploring the rugged Australian Outback or taking on the busy streets of the Big Apple travelling to exotic locations is an exciting adventure. However, visiting a doctor or dealing with a medical emergency in a foreign country, far away from home, is definitely not on anyone’s must-do travel list – especially if they’re not covered for it.
That’s where Bestmed comes in.
What does Bestmed’s International Travel Benefits cover?
At Bestmed we ensure that our members are covered wherever they go. That’s why our International Travel Benefits cover medical emergencies for up to 90 days per trip, and for up to R10 million per family – no matter how often they travel.
During their time overseas valid members will be covered for:
- Emergency medical costs if they get sick or injured while travelling.
- Emergency medical treatment if they experience an unexpected, acute (sudden) onset of a pre-existing condition.
- Emergency medical transport.
- Eye-care treatment stemming from illness or injury.
- Dental treatment given to restore function or to ease pain.
What is excluded from the cover?
Bestmed will always be there for its members wherever they choose to travel. However, there are times and situations where members’ International Travel Benefits cover will not be sufficient and where Bestmed won’t be able to assist with emergency treatment overseas.
These exclusions include:
- Members between 3 months and 84 years old.
- Travel periods longer than 90 days.
- Injury or illness as a result of high-risk or dangerous activities, e.g. bungee jumping, skydiving or rock climbing.
- Healthcare services that are governed by waiting periods.
- Pre-existing conditions.
- Any general exclusions found in Bestmed’s T’s & C’s.
How to register for International Travel Benefits
To register for International Travel Benefits members can:
Bryte Insurance on 0860 329 329 or
ER24 on 010 205 3100
Email: email@example.com with the information below:
- Bestmed membership number.
- Name and ID/passport details of those travelling.
- Where they are travelling to.
- Travel dates.
- Contact details, including email address and telephone number while travelling.
- A list of high-risk activities that members will be participating in, e.g. bungee jumping, skydiving or rock climbing.
The benefit is managed by ER24 and is underwritten by Bryte Insurance Company, an authorised financial services provider.
Members must register their travel dates one (1) week before travelling in order to activate these benefits.
For more information download a copy of the policy document at: