We promote open lines of communication between Bestmed and our broker partners so as to empower you to provide the best service to your valued clients. We have answered the questions most asked by brokers on behalf of their clients.
- Does Bestmed cover the flu vaccination?
Yes, the flu vaccination is covered as a preventative care benefit at a Designated Service Provider (DSP).
- Can I access my benefits online?
The Bestmed App gives you access to membership details, benefit structure and other benefits.
Members can download the application in Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Does Bestmed have any managed healthcare programmes?
Yes, there are nine manged healthcare programmes. They are:
- Maternity Care Programme
- Oncology Programme, with the Independent Clinical Oncology Network (ICON) as our provider
- Diabetes Care programme with Halo Care as our provider
- HIV /Aids Care programme with Lifesense as our provider
- Back and Neck Preventative Programme
- Wound Care
- Drug and Substance Abuse
- Stoma Care
- How is COVID-19 covered by Bestmed?
If a member is having the test done, the cost of the test is paid from their savings or day-to-day benefits. If the result of the test is positive for COVID-19, then the test, as well as all the treatment going forward, are covered from risk benefits.
- Can a member purchase vitamin supplements using their Bestmed medical aid?
Yes, the member can purchase vitamins using their over-the-counter benefits (OTC), depending on their option, from a participating pharmacy.
Dates to remember
May– Burns Awareness Month
3-9 May: National Burns Awareness Week
5 May: World Hand Hygiene Day
5 May: International Midwives Day
28 May: International Day of Action for Women’s Health