Identifying your child’s health-risk status is an important step in adopting a healthy lifestyle.
When it comes to your child’s health, we believe that when our Bestmed-parents are able to identify their children’s health-risks early-on, they can help their children adopt a healthier lifestyle, build a healthy foundation and avoid any unnecessary doctor’s visits and illnesses.
Your family’s healthy foundation starts with Bestmed Tempo
Our Wellness Programme: Bestmed Tempo, offers a range of free assessments, specifically tailored for children. These assessments are paid from your preventative care benefits and does not affect your savings account or day-to-day benefits. All our healthcare options: BEAT, PACE and PULSE members have access to the benefits Bestmed Tempo has on offer.
Bestmed Tempo Child Assessments
- Three baby growth assessments at any Dis-Chem, Clicks, Van Heerden Pharmacy and Pharma Value. The assessments include you baby’s weight, height and head circumference. Available for age range: 0 – 2 years.
- One functional assessment with an occupational therapist for children aged 3-12 years. This assessment includes the basic assessment of your child’s nutrition and activity level.
- One fitness assessment with a biokineticists for children aged 13-18 years. This assessment includes a basic fitness evaluation.
Please note that the above listed benefits and age ranges is only applicable for year-2019. Updates will be made for year-2020.
How do I unlock this benefit for my children?
To unlock this benefit, parents need to complete their own Health Risk Assessment (HRA). By completing your HRA, it unlocks a list of benefits.
How do I complete my HRA?
Completing your HRA to unlock the child-assessment benefits for your children, is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Download the HRA form from our website: bestmed.co.za.
- Complete the HRA form and take it with you to one of the Bestmed Tempo accredited pharmacies (Dis-Chem, Van Heerden Pharmacies, Clicks and Alpha Pharm) where you’ll complete your assessment with a qualified nurse. The assessment includes biometric screenings such as blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, height and weight, etc.
- The nurse will submit your completed HRA form and assessment results to Bestmed, your individual results will be analyses and a health-risk will be sent to you via email.
Do children have to complete an HRA?
No, only parents need to complete their HRA’s. The HRA is applicable to both parents and will only be valid per year*.
*All members will have to complete a new HRA in 2020.
Make a difference in your child’s long-term health and wellbeing by completing your HRA today.
For more information on the Bestmed Tempo benefits in general, visit www.bestmed.co.za/wellness.