It’s not all about expensive gym memberships and lettuce leaves.
February is healthy lifestyle awareness month and with it being the second month of the New Year, many people are keeping themselves accountable and wanting to introduce healthy habits to their lives that can be maintained all year round.
The road to improving your health doesn’t have to be strenuous and unrealistic – here are some simply healthy habits that you can introduce into your every day:
- Set a reminder on your phone to stand up every 30 minutes and have a quick walk around, especially when working at a desk. Even better, make that walk to the water cooler and fill up your glass to get your recommended 8 glasses a day.
- Take a walk around the building during your lunch break. Research shows adding 2 minutes of walking per hour could be linked with a longer life expectancy.
- Stand or walk around during your coffee/tea break.
- When possible, take phone calls outside or walk around rather than sitting idle at your desk.
- Considering changing up your workstation and investing in a standing desk or swopping your chair for a fitness ball.
- Take the stairs to burn some extra calories!
Reducing the amount of time you spend being inactive can lessen your risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity and can even improve your mental health.
Share these tips with colleagues, friends and family today!