Bestmed Tempo is a free wellness programme that helps you thrive, not just survive. It’s health for health’s sake. No points, no fees, no complications. Whatever your health and wellness goals are this year, we want to support you by giving you access to professionals that can help you on your journey to wellness. They will help you figure out what works best for you and guide you so you can make choices to energise your mind, eat well, and keep active. It all begins with a simple Health Assessment (HA). Have you done yours yet?
How does Bestmed Tempo work?
The main member must complete their HA by filling in the Health Assessment lifestyle questionnaire and taking it to their nearest Dis-Chem, Clicks, Van Heerden, PnP, Alpha Pharm, Essential health pharmacies where a trained nurse will complete your biometrics tests. Once the HA is completed, the Bestmed Tempo benefits and interventions are unlocked for you and your dependants.
Bestmed Tempo Benefits
- Bestmed Tempo HA for adults includes:
- The Bestmed Tempo lifestyle questionnaire
- Blood pressure check
- Cholesterol check
- Glucose check
- HIV screening
- Height, weight, and waist circumference
- Adult benefits (for beneficiaries that are 18 years and older)
- 1 Health Assessment
- 3 nutritional journey discussions with a dietician (Tempo network provider) per beneficiary per year
- 3 physical fitness journey discussions with a biokineticist (Tempo network provider) per beneficiary per year
- Child and family benefits
- 1 nutrition assessment for the whole family per year.
- 3 baby growth assessments with a Clicks or Dis-Chem nurse for your baby aged 0 – 2 years per year.
- 1 functional assessment with an occupational therapist for your child aged 3 – 12 years per year.
- 1 fitness assessment with a biokineticist for your child aged 13 – 17 years per year.
- Bestmed Tempo online
We will soon be offering the following sessions online. All online activities are complimentary and available to all Bestmed members and dependants. Keep an eye on your email inbox for your invitation:
Virtual Pilates Classes
- Fitness in the comfort of home
- 45-minute online session
Informational talks with Colour Me Happy
- Different topics every month discussed
- 45-minute talk online
- Mental Health Helpline
Bestmed has partnered with the South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG) to offer members a 24-hour mental health helpline, with the aim of supporting members suffering from mental health disorders by managing its effects and improving quality of life.
How does it work?
- You will have access to SADAG’s services and qualified psychologists 24 hours a day via the dedicated toll-free helpline (080 062 7775) and/or email address (email@example.com).
- After providing detailed information to the SADAG counsellor and undergoing the screening process to determine the status of the call or electronic query (SMS/email) the counsellor will provide you with practical advice, referrals, resources and an action plan based on your unique needs.
- Referrals to resources include, but are not limited to, support groups and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- You will also have access to SADAG’s online services such as the website, online videos, Facebook expert chats and webinars.
Members will not incur any additional costs for utilising these services, except if they consult with a mental health professional on a personal basis and as referred by the SADAG counsellor. The cost for these consultations (which are not part of the helpline) will be funded from the relevant benefit amounts in accordance with his/her chosen option structure.