Get into The Swing by Living Your Best Life!
Think back to 1 January, remember how you were ready to turn over a new leaf? How’s that going? A New Year’s resolution is a great way to start the year on the right foot. It helps set the stage for continued growth.
February is Healthy Lifestyles Awareness Month and to keep you and members on track, we thought we would remind you of our Bestmed Tempo Wellness Programme.
Tempo has been designed with incredible lifestyle benefits to help our members live their best lives. It’s simple, uncomplicated, and includes all the tools our members need to live a healthy life. Our aim is to provide them with practical ways to help prevent lifestyle diseases such as heart disease, stroke, obesity, and osteoporosis, more commonly known as non-communicable diseases that can be prevented by changes in diet, environment, and lifestyle.
Tempo comes at no additional cost to the member; with benefits they don’t have to earn. It begins with an extensive free health risk assessment (HRA) to help them understand their current lifestyle and how it affects their overall physical wellness.
The HRA unlocks family benefits and interventions that include:
- 3 consultations with a dietician (wellness network provider) per member/dependant aged 18 years and older.
- 3 consultations with a biokineticist (wellness network provider) per member/dependant aged 18 years and older.
- 1 nutrition assessment for the whole family.
- 3 baby growth assessments with a nurse for your baby aged 0 – 2 years.
- 1 functional assessment with an occupational therapist for your child aged 3 – 12 years.
- 1 fitness assessment with a biokineticist for your child aged 13 – 17 years.
- Family workshops that are hosted throughout the year.
The HRA can be taken at a wellness contracted network pharmacy or at a member’s place of employment during a wellness day.
The long-term benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle cannot be denied. It can make a significant difference in preventing disease, reducing stress and improving general wellbeing.
Starting a simple yet solid foundation makes it much easier to build a healthy lifestyle that works. So, on Healthy Lifestyles Awareness Day on 21 February, take a moment to think about the small changes that you and members can make to ensure bigger health benefits. Better yet, head over and get your HRA done!